Tweet
ArsenalBournemouthBrighton BurnleyChelseaCrystal PalaceEvertonHuddersfield TownLeicester CityLiverpoolManchester CityManchester UnitedNewcastle UnitedSouthamptonStoke CitySwansea CityTottenham HotspurWatfordWBAWest Ham United

Everton striker Oumar Niasse banned by FA for 'deception of match official'

Everton striker Oumar Niasse banned by FA for 'deception of match official'

ESPN

Everton are planning a January swoop for Charlton's Ezri Konsa as they look to move ahead of Arsenal for the defender, sources close to the League One club have told ESPN FC.

Charlton are resigned to losing Konsa when the transfer window reopens in January with a number of Premier League clubs on his trail.

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch the 20-year-old on a regular basis this season, but Everton are aiming to beat their Premier League rivals to the defender's signature by making a bid for him in January.

Everton's recent transfer policy has been to sign homegrown talent to develop into first-team regulars and they have previously done business with Charlton after signing Ademola Lookman in January.

Konsa is tipped to follow in the path of Lookman and former Charlton defender Joe Gomez, now at Liverpool, by making the step up to the Premier League.

He has caught the eye for club and country in the last 12 months, helping England win the Under-20 World Cup in June.

The centre-back has made over 50 appearances for Charlton since making his first-team debut last season.

Peter O'Rourke is ESPN FC's transfer news correspondent. Follow him on Twitter @SportsPeteO.

Oumar Niasse will serve a two-match ban after his appeal against a diving charge was rejected by the Football Association.

Everton striker Niasse becomes the first Premier League player to be hit with a retrospective suspension for simulation under the new law that kicked in at the start of this season.

He was charged by the FA on Tuesday after winning a controversial penalty in Saturday's 2-2 draw at Crystal Palace.

A statement from the governing body on Wednesday said: "Everton's Oumar Niasse will serve a two-match suspension with immediate effect after his denial of an FA charge of successful deception of a match official was rejected.

"It was alleged he committed an act of simulation which led to a penalty being awarded in the fifth minute of the game against Crystal Palace.

"He denied the charge. However, it was found proven following an Independent Regulatory Commission hearing."

The ban means Niasse, Everton's top scorer, will miss Premier League games at Southampton on Sunday and at home to West Ham three days later.

The penalty was awarded by referee Anthony Taylor when Niasse went down in the Palace box and it was deemed that he had been fouled by defender Scott Dann, who reacted angrily to the decision.

Leighton Baines converted to cancel out James McArthur's opener for the hosts, and Niasse later netted a second equaliser.

Dann said after the game that Niasse had "conned the referee."

The FA statement on Wednesday added: "Incidents which suggest a match official has been deceived by an act of simulation are referred to a panel consisting of one ex-match official, one ex-manager and one ex-player.

"Each panel member will be asked to review all available video footage independently of one another to determine whether they consider it was an offence of successful deception of a match official.

"Only in circumstances where the panel are unanimous would the FA issue a charge."

ESPN