Manchester United leave Daley Blind out of U.S. tour ahead of Ajax return - sources
LOS ANGELES -- Daley Blind has been left out of the Manchester United squad for their preseason tour of the United States as he nears a return to Ajax, sources have told ESPN FC.
The Netherlands international was not on the flight from Manchester to Los Angeles on Sunday evening and is expected to seal his move in the coming days.
Sources have told ESPN FC the deal will be worth £14.1 million, which could rise to £18.5m with add-ons. It represents a profit for United on a player who joined from Ajax for £13.8m in 2014.
Blind, 28, made 141 appearances in four seasons at Old Trafford but was restricted to just four Premier League starts last term.
Meanwhile, Matteo Darmian has travelled to the U.S. despite interest in the Italian from both Juventus and Inter Milan.
Sources have told ESPN FC that there have been talks with Juventus but the Serie A champions have so far failed to match United's valuation.
Inter have made an enquiry about taking the full-back on loan for a year with a view to a permanent move next summer.
With a number of first-team regulars on holiday after the World Cup in Russia, Angel Gomes, 17, and Tahith Chong, 18, have been named in Jose Mourinho's squad for the five-game tour. In all, there are seven youngsters in the squad including 16-year-old striker Mason Greenwood.
Rob is ESPN FC's Manchester United correspondent. Follow him on Twitter @RobDawsonESPN.